Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fowler Update

When my hubby graduated from High School ('91), a close family friend (Thank you Dorothy!) gave him this wonderful hand painted sign of our last name. And in case you were wondering, yes, I was there when he received it.


At the time, my mom and I took it and immediately had it mated and framed. Mind you, it was 1991. Hence, the lovely colors.


Hubby and I proudly hung it in our first little place. This I know because my mom just ran across some old pictures of our first "apartment". I put apartment in quotes, because it was really two rooms and a bathroom built into half of my parents garage. I LOVE them! But I digress.


After moving two more times before this house, the frame eventually got put into our stock pile of "wanted-but-can't-use-it-right-now" items. It sat there for a good couple of years, to tell you truth, I really can't remember the last time we had it hung.
Not anymore.

A little DIY cleaning and sanding, some black spray paint and this baby was ready for a new home.


New and Improved!


I love the look that painting both the mat and frame black gave to it, made it look like a nice chunky frame, instead of the thin 90's frame it is.

Here it is in it's new home.






Wha'dya think? : )

~nic

No comments:

Post a Comment